Acne - the most common skin condition among teenagers and young adults, from mild to severe, acne IS a medical condition. Okay, so if you get breakouts, I'm sure if you have tried a lot of different over the counter products like different facewashes, creams, masks and brands like proactiv, clean and clear and etc etc. And you're trying to eat healthy, drink more water and it's probably NOT working, because it's HORMONAL and you CAN'T help it. Those products are NOT a cure for acne, they will not prevent new acne from coming. They only treat the ones that you already have and mostly help healing go faster. To REALLY get rid of acne, you need to go to the root of the problem, which is overactive oil glands and bacteria. There isn't much you can do about your glands, but birth control CAN and WILL help if you get the ones that are right for you. It has helped me, but starting birth control is life-changing, TRUST ME, you will notice difference in your mood, skin, hair, period,,, basically EVERYTHING. And the other cause of acne is bacteria. The bacteria under and above the skin that is causing inflammation and acne. You CAN do something about the bacteria - KILLING those suckers. The most common treatment of moderate to severe/persistent acne is anti-biotics, tetrecycline, accutane etc etc. They're are fairly cheap and they're GAURANTEED to work, okay? I promise you, even if your acne is SO bad, they will significantly improve your skin. Only these antibiotics have very strong side-effects, including DEPRESSION (accutane).
Okay, #2 about acne, is of course acne scars. Most breakout stretch your pores in the process of healing and leave you with holes in your skin. These holes are permanent, they might improve over time, but most of the time, they're permanent!! THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO about it. Some chemical peels, microderm and fillers will help improve, but it will never be the same as it was before. So, what you wanna do is, try everything to prevent scarring. CUT YOUR NAILS. TRUUUUST ME. Your nails are so thin that it often scratches your skin badly. And even if you pop your zits, do it correctly!! And make sure to disinfect after with benzyol peroxide and salicylic acid.
Okay, here is the important part:
If you have oily skin and get break outs, these are the things you might be doing WRONG:
1. Overwashing your skin. Washing your face with products that contain salicylic acid and benzyol peroxide too much will cause you more acne. BECAUSE, especially salicylic acid dries your skin a lot if you use it often enough. When your skin is dry, it makes your skin produce MORE oil because it's dry, and the dead skin cells that have dried up are sitting on top your pores, basically clogging it and the oil can't get out, causing acne, actually causing cystic acne, which is the most severe form of acne.
It's right to remove oil and dirt, but if you like to wash your face more than twice a day, please use gentle facewashes that don't have salicylic acid, alcohol or other skin-drying ingredients. And use oil-free moisterizer afterwards.
2. Not cleaning your cell phone. If you're getting a lot of breakouts on your jaw, it might be from your cell phone. Even if you don't get them, you should really disinfect your cell phone, do yourself a favor. Use rubbing alcohol.
3. Not changing your pillow case often enough. I change mine everyday. I have like 10 pillow cases, and I change them every day. I also change my sheets twice a week.
(Note that these will prevent acne caused by environmental bacteria, like touching ur face with dirty hands, hair etc etc).
4. Diet + water. Trust mee. Whenever I go on a diet, my skin always looks better. Limit oil, sugar and refined carbohydrates.)
5. Not enough vitamins. Vitamin B5 is supposed to treat acne. Do your research.
6. Pore-clogging make up. Foundations and concealers are likely to clog pores. Go for mineral make up.
And the other thing is ACNE SCARS.
I wouldn't mind having acne if it didn't leave me with scars.
My #1 recommendation for acne scars, is vitamin E capsules. You can get them anywhere and they're very cheap. What you do is poke a hole in the capsule and squeeze the oil in it and apply all over your face before bed. Try it 2 weeks and any kind of discoloration, hyperpigmentation will be GONE or improved. Trust me, it will not do your skin any harm. It's too think, like honey to clog pores. It will leave your skin really hydrated, this is really important for oily skin because it limits oil-production and in a better condition in general.
#2 Lemons. Very good natural remedy for acne scars, blackheads. It will sting for the first few seconds but beauty hurts right?. You will see immediate results. Just squeeze a whole lemon and apply the juice.
#3 Chemical peels, you can get these at cosmetics places and they're fairly cheap and they WORK, okay? It will significantly help.
#4. Tanning, now I know it's not good for your skin, but tanning will even out your skin tone overall.
Okay, so here is the fun part, covering up acne and acne scars. Make up for acne.
#1 Concealers. To aviod looking like you're wearing 20 pounds of make up. Use concealors. There are different colored concealors that conceal different types of blemishes. Green concealors conceal skin redness caused by acne. If you go to Sephora or MAC or any make up stores, they will have them and they're really green and they really work.
#2. Buy mineral make up with maximum coverage. DO NOT use liquid foundation if you're prone to clogged pores. i.d bare minerals, jane iredale are good examples and they're very light.
#3. MAKE SURE YOUR BRONZERS AND BLUSHES aren't clogging your pores. Most make up are like rainwater, they settle into holes aka your pores. The brand that you're using for mineral foundation most likely will have blushes and bronzers.
And here is the tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwngbzv0gbY